Quaker Earthcare Witness Mini-Grants
QEW has grants available for Friends' organizations who want to enhance their physical/spiritual relationship with the Earth. We offer matching grants of up to $500 each to support projects consistent with QEW values. Application deadlines are May 1 and October 1.
We are now accepting applications for Friends projects which:
- Improve your immediate environment
- Involve, inform, and educate members young, old and in between
- May reduce carbon footprints
- Create opportunities to improve and learn about your own local ecosystems
- Enrich your local community
- Set examples and inspiration for others
- Provide spirit-led, meaningful work and create fun for all participants
We welcome your project ideas and energies!
Past grant recipients have used QEW Mini-Grant funds in the following ways:
- Creating an edible garden for their meeting
- Adding a composter for a Friends' school
- Completing a meeting solar energy project
Use the links on the right to download and view PowerPoint presentations of the QEW Mini-Grant projects from previous years. Please share the presentations with your meetings--they're inspiring!
QEW Background and Values
Quaker Earthcare Witness (QEW) is a spiritually-centered movement of Quakers and like-minded people seeking ways to integrate our concern for the environment with Friends' long-standing testimonies for simplicity, integrity, peace, and equality. The QEW Vision and Witness statement declares: "We are called to live in right relationship with all Creation, recognizing that the entire world is interconnected and a manifestation of God. We put these beliefs into practice by striving to be examples, communicating our message, and by providing spiritual and material support to those engaged in the compelling task of transforming our relationship to our planet toward sustainability and justice for the totality of life."
"We are called to live in right relationship with all Creation, recognizing that the entire world is interconnected and a manifestation of God."
Help fund Mini-Grants
Want to help fund our Mini-Grants? Use this Mini-Grant Donation form.