2009 Mini-Grant Projects
Find us on Facebook
Are you on Facebook? Click here to like and follow us.
As this presentation shows, QEW Mini-Grants can be applied to educational efforts, construction projects, and energy-efficient upgrades to existing appliances and systems. We want to help you help Earth, right where you live and worship. Here's how Friends used their Mini-Grants this year:
- Restored habitat in New Mexico
- Environmental programs for inner-city school children in Pennsylvania
- Sustainable Friends camp for Intermountain Yearly Meeting
- Community garden and composter in North Carolina
- Lead removal in Vermont
- Cemetery restoration in Rhode Island
- Energy Star refrigerators in Indiana and Pennsylvania
- Point-of-use hot water heater in North Carolina
- Energy-efficient windows in Iowa
- Land preserve restoration in Milwaukee
- Energy class in Iowa
- Native garden in Illinois
The slide show introduces you to the various projects completed from 2009 grants. Please share this slideshow with others if it contains ideas you'd like to pass along. Perhaps your meeting or organization could do something similar.
Are you thinking of a project? Click here to get the 2013 QEW Mini-Grant application! Deadline this year is May 2, 2013.
Return to the Completed Mini-Grant Projects page.