QUAKER EARTHCARE WITNESS in 2019
Quaker Earthcare Witness has grown over the last 32 years out of a deepening sense of spiritual connection with the natural world. From this has come an urgency to work on the critical issues of our times, including climate and environmental justice. This year we are excited to see that more people are mobilizing than ever before both within and beyond the Religious Society of Friends around the eco-crises we are facing.
With your help, Quaker Earthcare Witness is responding to the growing need for inspiration and support for Friends and Meetings.
OUR WORK IN 2019
- Informed our network about environmental concerns and Friends’ witness through print and online publications, like Befriending Creation
- Successfully fundraised for building a new website
- Funded meetings’ and organizations’ environmental projects with mini-grants;
- Promoted and coordinated participation in the Global Climate Strike on September 20
- Hosted the Earthcare Center at the Friends General Conference Gathering
- Worked across the branches of Friends alongside other Quaker organizations, including co-leading a series of webinars on earthcare
- Published a chapter in the book Friends and Sustainability released by Friends Association for Higher Education
- Visited yearly meetings and Friends’ gatherings, offering workshops and presentations
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Share your Earthcare ministry with us. What projects is your meeting working on? What concerns do you hold?
- Share BeFriending Creation—display it at your meetinghouse.
- Become a Quaker Earthcare Witness representative for your yearly meeting. Each yearly meeting nominates one or two representatives to be a liaison between our group and Friends in your region.
- Start an Earthcare group at your meeting. Use Quaker Earthcare Witness materials in your First Day school.
- Share our literature, like pamphlets on key environmental issues, with your meeting, and at special events.
- Apply for a Mini-Grant to support a project.
- Make a donation on your meeting’s behalf to support our work.
Visit quakerearthcare.org/donate or send a check to: Quaker Earthcare Witness P.O. Box 6787 Albany, CA 94706.
GET IN TOUCH
Contact us at email@example.com or call 510-542-9606 to get involved.