2015 QEW Mini-Grant Report
2015 Mini-report from Mini-Grants Working Group
The following grants were made in 2015:
- Grinnell Friends Church, Iowa: We helped the church create a pollinator garden at a crossroads in front of the church.
- Westtown Monthly Meeting, PA: Through the MM we provided funding for a student at Westtown School to go with classmates to Mexico to participate in a Quaker eco-leadership program.
- Quaker Oaks Farm Visalia, CA: We helped sponsor a workshop at the farm, taught by members of the Wukchumni Nation in the use of native plants.
- Pro-Nica,FL: A canal was proposed to go from the Atlantic to the Pacific in Nicaragua, putting native plants and animals at risk. We supported a flora/fauna survey, noting imperiled species along the canal routes.
- Dzaleka Friends Concern, through Burlington, VT MM: A group of African Quakers fleeing war at home are interned at the Dzaleka Refugee Camp in Malawi. They have begun a community garden to grow food to supplement what the UN provides, and to sell at the camp's market places. We were able to help.