Note: Older issues of Quaker Eco-Bulletin may have the old QEW address, so please note that our current address is QEW,
P. O. Box 6787, Albany, CA 94706.
Quaker Earthcare Witness has published a bi-monthly Quaker Eco-Bulletin reporting on "Information and Action Addressing Public Policy for an Ecologically Sustainable World," covering a variety of topics. Each issue of QEB is a four-page article about timely legislative or corporate policy issues affecting our society's relationship to the earth.
- Information from a faith-based perspective about upcoming government or corporate policy decisions.
- Sources for additional information.
- Action opportunities.
The vision of Quaker Earthcare Witness (QEW) includes "integrating into the beliefs and practices of the Religious Society of Friends the Truths that God's Creation is to be held in reverence in its own right, and that human aspirations for peace and justice depend upon restoring the Earth's ecological integrity." As a member organization of Friends Committee on National Legislation, QEW seeks to strengthen Friends' support for FCNL's witness in Washington, D.C., for peace, justice, and an earth restored.
QEB's purpose is to advance Friends' witness on public and institutional policies that affect the earth's capacity to support life. QEB articles aim to inform Friends about public and corporate policies that have an impact on society's relationship to the earth, and to provide analysis and critique of societal trends and institutions that threaten the health of the planet.
QEB Editorial Team: Judy Lumb, Barbara Day
Quaker Eco-Bulletin Guidelines
Friends are invited to contact us about writing an article for QEB. Submissions are subject to editing and should:
- Explain why the issue is a Friends concern.
- Provide accurate documented background information that reflects the complexity of the issue and is respectful toward other points of view.
- Describe the positions of other faith-based and secular environmental groups on the issue.
- Relate the issue to legislation or corporate policy.
- List what Friends can do.
- Provide references and sources for additional information.